 Off-Topic / Debate / 18965
Re: Future Speech Text of George W. Bush?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:31:40 GMT

What I would like is for someone to explain why this action was fine for
Clinton but outrageous for President Bush, or is it that the Left is just a
bunch of partisan, self-serving hypocrites.

I don't even understand the question. Wasn't Clinton the best Republican
president we ever had?

The "Left" is not democrat. If you're going to go off into idiot-land, at
least ask the intelligent questions.

Bush is not capable of clever brinksmanship -- that is why the world is more
destabilized and ripe for war RIGHT NOW than it has ever been since I have
been alive.  Why would that be true?  Try these on for size:

1. Bush goes after Iraq like a pit bull
2. Bush declares that the U.S. is willing to use preemptive nuclear strikes
against perceived enemies. The underlying message to every non-nuke country
is get your nukes now or become the b***h of the U.S. later.
3. Bush is pointing up a false ideological basis for war between "Xtian" and
"Islamic" peoples.  I put those words in quotes because the citizens of both
sides may or may not actually be participants or supporters of those
fundamentalist throwback ideas. Every time he prays publically he is sending
out this message.  They have OBL, we have little Georgie.
4. Bush doesn't care about you, the economy, or anything anyone else has to
say.  How do I know?  Because he ignores EVERY americans concern for the
economy, including the concerns voiced by one Alan Greenspan.  That
murmuring you hear is the future dead souls of american youths chanting:
"Blood for oil."

Me?  Even though I had numerous problems with the man, I'd take the
well-sexed Bill Clinton every day of the year over the pinched-faced
excrescence called Bush Jr. Which one looks happier?  And do you think it
doesn't matter?

Things haven't been this wacky since Kennedy was president.  So there's goes
your whole "The Democrats are against us" thing...

BTW, I don't see myself as left of anything except warmongering.  How many
times does WAR have to work its atrocities on other human beings before you
warmongers will give it up?

This whole Iraq question is probably too simple for you to understand.  You
need to muck it up with BS about "evil" and "stabilizing that region."  And
those are simply not now, nor have they ever been, the real agenda.  The
Iraq issue is also not a defensive question because there's scant evidence
between A.Q. and S.H. -- in fact, there's more evidence that they are at
odds with one  another's idealogy.

But yeah, if it's a good idea for vastly more powerful countries to just go
in and play god with the lives and resources of other countries, then by all
means let's have this war.  Rah, Rah, Rah! Go Team!

-- Hop-Frog