 Off-Topic / Debate / 18941
  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Usually the list of Who The US Won't Sell To is the same as the list that France Will Sell To. Pretty much where there is a demand, there will be a supply. As to meddling, David (not Dave!), at what point should the US have stopped "medlling" (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) 4 Words: France, Israel Suez & Nukes. ;) Scott A (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) It's the inconsistent foreign policy that I really want to see the end of. I was being a little 'over the top' to make the point, but it's like, "Hey Joe Schmoo, until you get your act together, don't bother coming out!" So yes, I was a little (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) I pretty much figured all this, but I thought you might want an opportunity to explain further. :-) (...) I think the UN has do a less slacker-like performance in regards to its sanctions against Iraq if it wants to have any moral authority, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Alone. And out of principles, at least until '41. One point for him :-) (...) Part that, but he also had the misfortune to have a stroke just as he was about to convince the Senate to join the SoN. In any case, the partition of Europe in (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Yeah, love the planes across the border--thanks! (...) Getting a bombed out, poor, defeated country to make reparations possibly wans't the best of ideas, but wasn't it more than just France that was liking this idea? (...) I just wish that he (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Maybe one of our friends from across the pond can help out here, but there's apparently a satirical stage play now running in the UK that's almost as farcical as the real-world farce playing out under Bush. I think it even has direct and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) Here's my inherent cotradictory nature--I love the B52! I had a model kit of one when I was a kid--it's a wonderful jet. Though, to be said, one of my fav. documentaries (barring the one (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The beginning of the end of NATO?

(...) Complicated answer: At first, France's stubborness in getting heavy reparations was crucial to have them made *at all*; the Brits would have settled for the dismantling of the German and Austro-hungarian Empires, the Russians had their own (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)