 Off-Topic / Debate / 17947
Re: Idealism vs Realism?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:02:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:

It was either he or Truman-- no, wait, Truman was the guy who made all
Federal workers swear on a stack of Bibles they aren't Communists....

Didn't work very well, did it? :-)

If I take your meaning, then it sounds like it worked as well as any other
ritual.  Was each applicant also required to throw salt over his left
shoulder?

Of course!  But it had to be salt obtained through the government purchasing
system, which effectively brought the price to about $65 per pound.

Maggie