 Off-Topic / Debate / 16611
Followup: USA soccer team at the World Cup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watch tomorrow's match between Portugal and
South Korea. That will be interesting, to see the group's favourite
*struggling* to become second... :-/
At least the team played a little bit better against Poland than against the
US. Not quite there yet, though - let's wait and see what they manage to do now.

I wrote this yesterday, and I was full of hope. I, and all the folks who
stopped their work today to see this match on the telly.
We lost.
:-(
Never before I had seen so many people struggling to keep tears away from
their faces, knowing that our "golden team" wasted their last chance to ever
achieve something great in football. The dream that we had been building up
in the past decade is no more, turned into harsh disapointment by our own
actions - and that's what makes it more painful and hard to accept.

Oh well. Go USA, Go Korea, Go everyone else. The Game MUST go on, may the
best team win the Cup!

Pedro (trying really hard to cope with the insanity of the tears down his face)