 Off-Topic / Debate / 16516
Re: Hosed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:13:47 GMT

    So here's my question: if in fact the dealership put the wrong size
tires on my vehicle, and if as a result I was forced to purchase four tires
from Sears (or any agency, for that matter) is it inappropriate to request
that Ford compensate me for the cost?

Unless "checking that the automobile has the right sized tires" is one of the
100 check items, I think that you are hosed in that respect.

But they did sell you a car with improper tires, which obviously are not simply
interchangable (the worn strut).

This IMO is clearly negligent (wittingly or unwittingly) on their part and I no
doubt believe that if you had gotten into some sort of accident due to tire
failure, they *would* have be liable, and you could've ended up rich (had you
survived) and realized the New American Dream-- wealth through litigation:-)

As it is, I'd threaten to take him to small claims court, but only after
pointing out to him that it is in his best interest to "do the right thing" and
take responsibility for his dealership's error.  Ask him what he would expect
were he in your shoes.

And, as a last resort, I'd ask him if his unwillingness to pay is really worth
all of the negative publicity he'd get from a expose from the local media
(who'd be only too willing to do their "real" job as they see it-- protecting
the public, not report the news;-)

HTH,
John