 Off-Topic / Debate / 16519
Re: Hosed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:58:52 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
news:GwzCEv.KLL@lugnet.com...
Upon my return an hour later, the techs
informed me that the tires on my car were slightly larger than the correct
size (65 vs 60), and the tires had been rubbing against the struts, causing
wear to the surface.  I don't believe this to have been a factor in the one
tire going flat, however.

One assumes you can find out the correct size of tyre for the vehicle?
Surely in the manual?
At least then you would know who was lying, Sears or the Ford Dealer.

Problem is, there often isn't just one size of tyre that might be listed as
suitable.
You probably need to know exactly what size wheel rims you have fitted too.

Unfortunately my experience (and I worked for Goodyear for 5 years) is that
tyre fitters will often prey upon the lack of knowledge of the motoring public,
and that car salesmen probably don't know what tyres should be fitted either.

regards
lawrence