 Off-Topic / Fun / 10365
Re: Hosed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 17:33:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
Ever since then I've had four tires setting in my overlarge parking stall
behind my apartment.  There hasn't been any problem keeping them there; my
landlady is cool about stuff like that as long as it's not loud or smelly,
but I've lately had it in mind to get rid of the darn things once and for all.

My community has a biweekly "bulk" garbage pickup for refrigerators, water
heaters, and the like, but tires are expressly forbidden from the list of
acceptable items to be carted away in this fashion.  There are numerous
disposal and recycling sites locally, not the least of which being Sears or
NAPA.  However, glancing into the tires this morning, I find that all of
them have accumulated the requisite amount of standing water within them.
If I have to transport them in my car, I'd rather not spill brackish
filth-water all over everything.

So here's the fun thought puzzle that I've encountered:  Without puncturing
or otherwise damaging the tires, and without using any sort of ladle or
similar contrivance, how do I get the water out of them?  Naturally I could
drill a hole in the tires or scoop out most of the water with a cup, but
where's the fun in that?

Give children new, hard-to-clean clothes and let them play in the area?

James