 Off-Topic / Debate / 14704
Re: The Faith Issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:52:28 GMT

Hey Y'all:
And except as
literature, I find these texts dangerous, ethically demented, and
xenophobic.

Me too, sometimes. I think (1) the Koran may have the same problems. But
when I asked about it what I got was a load of "you're not being tolerant
enough, how dare you ask"... at least that's how I read the net net of what
I got back.

Would it were so that "Religion is the opiate of the masses"... Ope-heads
don't fight much. Rather it's the Alcohol of the masses, it fuddles thinking
and causes bar fights. That's not actually what I think, it's rather a broad
brush, unfair at the edges, etc. etc. ... but why are so many stupid people
religious and intolerant???

I think The Revelation is about as interesting as the last 20
minutes of Kubrick's 2001 on mushrooms, and I find that it holds about the
equivalent truth value.

How *was* it on 'shrooms? Never did that. It's a good ride on windowpane,
and not too shabby on blotter either, I can tell you that. (2)

1 - or at least suspect. Unlike the OT/NT, I haven't read it cover to cover.
2 - or was that an analogy? If so, no fair, for all you know it might be
deeply fascinating...

++Lar