 Off-Topic / Debate / 14720
Re: The Faith Issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:43:12 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my house the other day, and I was perfectly
sweet to them.  In reality, they are suggesting by their mere presence that
there is something missing or needful in my own situation.  I should have
chased them from my door -- and next time I will.  I have been too
respectful for far too long. What would they do if I came to their door with
books and pamphlets on Satanism?

Richard,

I've found the 2 fastest ways to get rid of them are:
1.  Say "No thank you" and shut the door
2.  Tell them I'm an atheist and watch their blank stares/shock/horror, as they
turn around and leave.