 Off-Topic / Debate / 12774
Re: Ann Coultier (was: Re: Jerry Falwell blames feminists, gays, lesbians, ACLU, others...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 04:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Yeah, I saw this on Portal of Evil yesterday.

What is Portal of Evil??

   It's a site with forums, that brings up the worst and most
   twisted of the web for public flogging.  Some of the flogging
   is itself twisted, some of it really indignant, but in general
   it's just wacky and twisted.  They especially pick on Furries
   and goth-wannabes, for some reason.

But along with that
  was similarly scary hatemongering from Ann Coultier (go figure):

  http://www.nationalreview.com/coulter/coulter091301.shtml

Whoa. How can someone be so absolutely 100% correct about something:

"Barbara risked having her neck slit to warn the country of a terrorist
attack. She was a patriot to the very end."

and so absolutely 100% incorrect about something else:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to
Christianity. "

Ack! That's just plain scary.

   Yeah.  And the other columnists are just as bad.  One of the
   editors parrots Falwell in blaming anyone on the Left with
   allowing or encouraging the attack and for being responsible
   in effect for killing Olson:

   http://www.nationalreview.com/contributors/ledeen091301.shtml

   I'm not sure that invoking Braveheart the movie is exactly a
   good idea, though.

   best

   LFB