 Off-Topic / Debate / 12753
12752  |  12754
Subject:
Ann Coultier (was: Re: Jerry Falwell blames feminists, gays, lesbians, ACLU, others...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Asher Kobin writes:
These are very hateful sttements by someone so many people look up to for
prayer.  In my opinion, he is no worse than other hateful extremests.

--
On the broadcast of the Christian television program "The 700 Club," Falwell
made the following statement:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists,
and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an
alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them
who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and
say 'you helped this happen.'"

   Yeah, I saw this on Portal of Evil yesterday.  But along with that
   was similarly scary hatemongering from Ann Coultier (go figure):

   http://www.nationalreview.com/coulter/coulter091301.shtml

   If this doesn't make you shiver at what some of our own countrymen
   would have us become, nothing will.  Given, she lost a personal
   friend in this tragedy, and NR is so far right it's behind most
   people, but still--read her closing paragraph and try not to fear
   for the future.  You know that both she and Falwell are getting
   a lot of "hear, hear"s around the country--I just hope that, like
   those who suggest we do *nothing* in response, this is only
   a tiny and misguided minority.

   best

   LFB