 Off-Topic / Debate / 12728
12727  |  12729
Subject:
Jerry Falwell blames feminists, gays, lesbians, ACLU, others...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:13:06 GMT

These are very hateful sttements by someone so many people look up to for
prayer.  In my opinion, he is no worse than other hateful extremests.

--
On the broadcast of the Christian television program "The 700 Club," Falwell
made the following statement:

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists,
and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an
alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them
who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and
say 'you helped this happen.'"

--

Here is an aticle on CNN.com expaining is retraction.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/index.html