 Off-Topic / Debate / 12255
Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:13:50 GMT

That's unfortunate. I suspect that these novels would not translate well to
cinema, at least not in the current climate.

Card is writing the screen play for Enders Game as a current project.  IIRC, he
has scrapped the project a couple of times because of movie-company constraints
and is keeping insanely tight control.  I suspect A) it will never be made or
B) it will be really good.

Although I prefer B), I am OK with A) as long as we don't get "C) it will be
a travesty of the original work the way most SF movies are".

This must be how Christians feel when you point out that Jesus was a bastard
jew...my heart is racing.   ;-)  South Park has very little in common with
Ender's Game, thankyouverymuch!

I'd go with "nothing" except both involve apparent humans. I tried saying
that twice, actually, although not as overtly.

I think Mexico has a better claim.  And they actually _are_ invading (and
Spanish is taught to all gradeschoolers!), so it's a much more realistic
scenario.

You could argue it's an invasion but if it is, it's a benign one. (I'm in
the "no barriers to immigration, no welfarestate benefits to immigrants (or
anyone else" camp, of course).

I'd prefer to think of it as a natural migration... and one that if Vincente
Fox gets anywhere with his reforms) might well reverse or at least slow
down. It's just people voting with their feet. That's (in my book) always a
good thing.

++Lar
Chris