 Off-Topic / Debate / 12240
Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:12:55 GMT

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2000/02/03/card/index.html

Wow, I think that is about the most self serving piece (and worst interview)
I've ever seen in Salon...(1) IMHO this interviewer epitomizes much of
what's wrong with american journalism in one nice neat package.

Agree/disagree?(2)

Agree wholeheartedly! She tells how she attempts to get the answers she wants,
and complains when she doesn't. Although it's interesting that she actually
recognises this & documents it. The interview would probably look a lot better
if all the side comments were removed. It's interesting to muse about how many
interviewers feel this way during interviews & choose to bite their tongue...

And I don't think America is the only place where journalism reaches such lows,
though I don't have any links handy.

It also makes me wanna get hold of a copy of the "Ender" books and read 'em.
Are they any good?

ROSCO