 Off-Topic / Debate / 12252
Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 04:46:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

snip

I'm for leaving children completely OUT of politics (and religion),
especially avoiding nationalism and ethnocentrism, until they can reason and
decide entirely for themselves what they what to be and do. It is very easy
to mislead and manipulate children for corrupt purposes.

Isn't it very easy to mislead adults too? Aren't adults the one who mislead
children? What if an older child mislead a younger one?

Who is *really* to blame?

I'd personally say propaganda, issued either by the news (CNN comes to mind),
religious gatherings, etc.

How can you control children from siding with religious/political factions?

Children might be easy to corrupt, but so are adults, IMHO.

But then again, what do I know, I'm just a silly teen. ;-)

~Mladen

Dan