 Off-Topic / Debate / 11165
  Re: Nothing personal, but...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> Like I said, it *does* matter who is at fault, some of the time. I reject the notion that there is no difference between the person who asks silly questions and the person who just can't resist (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GF928K.xD@lugnet.com... (...) Some of the time, but not all of the time. And I'd say, beyond a certain point, the majority won't care who is at fault - because its been beaten down so (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Larry, You really are being obtuse. We could all speak many truths about many users here, but most of us do not - as we know it is insulting and because we are civil. I am happy for you to continue to insult me (just like, to a certain extent, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Wellll, one of you are anyway. (...) How so? (...) What consensus is that? What I think is that he made an educated guess. When you are quoting government statistics, those are also educated guesses. So his statistic is as valid as the numbers (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Because it is laden with paranoia. (...) Now you are being obtuse Chris. The stats you mentioned are derived objectively. If, as you say, Larry did guess his stats, I would describe that as subjective. (...) You are being absurd. You need to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Blah blah blah...WHO CARES!! I see you've been totally ignoring the point of this thread (The Scott and Larry Show has been reduced to childish actions carried out to the nth nitpick - and a bunch of us are totally annoyed with it) and my (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

Firing up the ol' paranoia machine... (...) Matt who? Unplugging the paranoia machine... (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Below this line, you quote his stating that it was a hunch. What the hell more do you want from him. He stated clearly that it was just a hunch. (...) What the F are you talking about? What asinine story? Read the quote of him that _you_ chose (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) It is the source of the collberation data I am taliking about. I have said this so may times, I fail to see how you could have missed this. Anyhow, I am actually fed up with all this now as it is clear to me that Larry is unwilling to justify (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) Moulton (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) It's been awhile, but I caught this, and I just have to respond...: Itching, let me tell you, is a complex thing. I've had skin problems from before I was one year old. Scratching the itch, indeed, relieves anxiety for a short period. But (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Nothing personal, but...

(...) No *perhaps* about it. He's a twit (1) and I'm a sucker for his trolling. 1 - not always!!! Just when he wants to be, which is a good part, but not all, of the time. ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)