 Off-Topic / Debate / *886 (-20)
  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) A comment to add to this: A gun owner has total control over his weapon. A dog owner has incomplete . Either means of protection is subject to serious abuse by irresponsible owners. Of course a responsible (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

<snip> (...) I think this point comes close to getting at why folks are a little leery of semi-automatic and automatic weapons so readily available. Because most of the population is *not* as responsible and conscientious about using their weapons (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Sorry my mistake - however we don't lose posts like on USENET - I must be getting lapse. <Stuff snipped about ill and walking> (...) Walking can be done on your own, coitus cannot. Sex is an intimate thing between 2 people originally for (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) As I said above A and B could be the same place, displacement = 0. (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their money is prettier than ours. Who the hell picked green as the color of money? (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I'd like a copy of the bibliography. Dunno about you, but I took all honors and AP English classes when I was in high school (and English is one of the majors I had in college), but I doubt I could get through one of the papers I wrote when I (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I wonder if a TN concealed carry permit would be honored in FL. Probably not, but worth checking into since we're planning another FL vacation. May be a non-issue since we're considering flying, though. May also be a non-issue if we drive, (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Popular society (Was: New Web Page)

(...) I'm going to see the new SW movie for the same reason I went to see Jurassic Park - I dig cool special effects. Sure, I like the good vs evil aspect of it, but I never cared much for the "story" in the other three. I'm sure this one will be (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) The free citizens who are guaranteed the right to arm themselves make that decision for themselves. Probably sounds wacko in today's society, but I'd say let the people who want to own firearms do so and let those who don't want them not own (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Depends on which definition of regulate you want to accept, I suppose. 'Course, you also have to try to understand what the founders might have meant by it, something a lot of people don't want to do if it doesn't fit their side of the (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) It also sounds like a stupid question. What do you think, that if enough people admit that guns, in essence, are meant to shot projectiles that will kill another person, they'll just vanish? Or gunowners the world over will just jump up and (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) So it is your belief that a revolver is ok while a semi-automatic pistol like my Glock is not. What's the difference, really? I can almost guarantee you that I could kill someone with the revolver more efficiently than the Glock, if for no (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Do you think you or I can go to a gun store and buy an automatic weapon? Do you know why or why not? Do you understand what a semi-automatic weapon is? Do you know what kind of handguns and rifles you would leave us with if all "automatic and (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Well, except for maybe that one case that happens every now and then when the criminal trial verdict was clearly wrong. (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

  Re: New Web Page

(...) There's a specific procedure for overruling an amendment. One that no congresscritter, no matter how liberal, has the guts to try to initiate. Unfortunately, nothing can prevent them from working towards the same goal with stupid little (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Don't pin that on the D only. The R is right there behind them in "me too" mode. (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <373D07C9.3E786497@p...su.edu>... (...) wrong.) (...) Your entirely ignoring the reason for the Declaration of Independance... The reason the United States has its own government totally independant of England is (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page

(...) Amen to that, brother. And it is the Democratic Party that is fueling *that* fire by trying to have Government "take care" of everyone-- and deny personal freedoms in the process, and thus responsibility. (...) What, are you kidding!! I got (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) I forgot the most important point: Those transactions are completed 99% of the time via wire transfer from bank accounts - that is the reason that brokerages would be required to track the transactions. (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact