 Off-Topic / Debate / 882
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 17:51:47 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:
It wouldn't generally, but might temper the reaction of "stupid
bloody foreigner!" That could instead be "half-stupid, half-
foreigner!"

You know, I don't get that.  I've seen lots of newsgroups explode into
US v. Canada or US v. UK debates, and its always so silly.  Ultimately,
you get a tiny little say in what goes on in your government and I get a
tiny little say in mine, but we can still discuss philosophy of issues
without being childish.  Or, at least, we should be able to.

The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their
money is prettier than ours.  Who the hell picked green as the color
of money?

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide