 Off-Topic / Debate / 905
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:52:56 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:
It wouldn't generally, but might temper the reaction of "stupid
bloody foreigner!" That could instead be "half-stupid, half-
foreigner!"

You know, I don't get that.  I've seen lots of newsgroups explode into
US v. Canada or US v. UK debates, and its always so silly.  Ultimately,
you get a tiny little say in what goes on in your government and I get a
tiny little say in mine, but we can still discuss philosophy of issues
without being childish.  Or, at least, we should be able to.

The main beef I have with foreigners is that, for the most part, their
money is prettier than ours.  Who the hell picked green as the color
of money?

Yeah, but have you checked out the new blow-dried Andrew Jackson on the
20?  We're moving that way :-)

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks