 Off-Topic / Debate / *766 (-10)
  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) I disagree - the majority of mammals have sex only to procreate. The females of most species will only allow sex when they are "furtile". The males of most species still have the ability to determine when the female is in "heat". Only the (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) You know they're going to release a PC version of this, right? (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) I just reread what you wrote and think I understand it better now. I still don't like the word homophobe - it not only sounds silly it's just plain wrong, imo. I'm also not sure I think that in order to hate something (which is what I would (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) I don't quite agree with that. That's why I prefer bigot to homophobe, usually. I hate bugs. I have no fear of them, just a deep loathing. You might even call it irrational. Doesn't make me a bugophobe. Not equating homosexuals with bugs, btw. (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) I assist in running a Werewolf: The Apocalypse(1) chronicle, and someone mentioned it to me in passing, and my curiousity was roused. I investigated on the net, and at my local University library. In a nutshell, there are numerous observed (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) So? The whole "natural" point of walking is to move effeciently across land. Does that make people who walk around the block because they happen to enjoy walking "ill"? (...) ill people want to get well they just don't know it" OK. Here's the (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) various (...) Yes, but as I stated above, it mimics scientific (medical) terminology, without actually having that scientific basis behind it. By doing so, it masquarades as a legitimate term for a condition, when in fact, it is a coined (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote in message news:3737225B.8E1F1D...uri.edu... (...) good. (...) for (...) them (...) It's not backwards, it's instinct. If there is any pleasure, it's an evolutionary motivator to encourage (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Well, I think he disagrees with it too. Unless you mean that that's not the PC definition, and then I'd disagree with you. I am a little uncomfortable with public displays of affection - I think it's crass, ill mannered, and impolite. I once (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) I disagree. Complex animals (people included) use sex for feeling good. I would say that people may be the only animal to actually use sex for procreation. I really don't know what animals engage in homosexual behavior, aside from humans of (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact