 Off-Topic / Debate / 757
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 18:16:06 GMT

"Jesse R. Long" wrote:

Using animals to support homosexuality is
difficult, as homosexuality is about preferring males over females,
either for sexual pleasure or for companionship (with sexual
overtones).  Animals use sex for mating, and no more (although there
may be a claim for higher-order thinking among chimps).

I disagree.  Complex animals (people included) use sex for feeling good.
I would say that people may be the only animal to actually use sex for
procreation.  I really don't know what animals engage in homosexual
behavior, aside from humans of course, but I assume that any animal
(let's stick to mamals for more certainty) would do so if it gave them
the 'right' kind of pleasure.  You seem to asert that sex for
procreation is the result of lower-order thinking and that sex for
pleasure is a result of higher-order thinking.  That's backwards.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA