 Off-Topic / Debate / *6976 (-20)
  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) No problem... ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) Greco's annoyance was a bit misdirected, so I apologize. I was more annoyed with Dan for instantly changing his cartoon. I didn't think you were calling for any type of censorship. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) I remember when Tipper pushed through the "Parental Advisory" labels on CD/Tape packaging. I was in Junior High or High School at the time (don't remember exactly which) and soon after she got those pushed through, there were T-shirts and hats (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) What I would love to see for the web is a simple set of html "ratings" tags. These would be voluntarily applied by authors, and would be used by browsers to block access or give warning before proceding as the machine owner desires (and I do (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

Larry, Thanks. I now realize my post would have been more appropriate to the other branch of this thread where the debate seems to be more on the JarJar hatred than the whole responsability issue. As far as the censorship debate goes, I personally (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) Indeed: "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case." From: (URL) A (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) 2 posts back... so the >> are not quite right Chris said: (...) Helps? To my way of thinking this particular subthread is not about JarJar per se, or even about real characters vs. fantasy. It's about when is portrayal of the initiation of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Official Viewpoint

(...) Larry, What is the point that I am missing? (not rhetorical) I guess I must be thick or I did not follow the topic close enough. :-) Jude (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) Agreed!!! I always vote. Already *have* voted in this election, in fact. (...) I'd support that. If in turn (and this is a serious LP proposal by the way, YCLIU) if No Candidate got a plurality, that the office was unfunded and unstaffed that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) I think the only really way to waste your vote is to not vote. It is a bit of a tangent, but I think we should all be forced to vote - as long as there was an option to vote for no candidate. In some parts of the UK turnout can be below 50%, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) WHOOPS! c/in favor/against/ OR c/espouses/opposes/ ++Lar (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) I think 1% is low but not by much. The LP has said that it has had between 200 and 400 officeholders nationally. Many of them were elected in smaller elections (not the national general election) or appointed. I am guessing too. One thing that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) It's true, except for during the civil war. It was unconstitutional, and as proof I point out that a constitutional amendment was required to get it past the supreme court which routinely struck down any income tax laws (they were steamrolled (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) Indeed. Don't get ME started either. The Commission on Presidential Debates is a "bipartisan" not "nonpartisan" and the bar has been set so high to ensure no candidate other than a demopublican can participate. This enusures perpetuation of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Reality == fiction?

I have to agree-- I expected much more from Maul... as is he was simply Darth Sidious' pawn, he didn't have his own agenda. Or at least not yet. He seemed to be like an anxious kid, eager to go out and kill Jedi, without any strategy save that which (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Jeez, everybody calm down!

(...) Heh. Dan is happily married. I think the ex-wife angle comes from somewhere else... (...) But it's so much fun to bash JarJar! ;^) (...) Well.... I was a bit frustrated at the moment. Lar did a pretty decent job of analyzing it a couple posts (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Jeez, everybody calm down!

Greetings all, It really shows what a diverse group we have when something like Dan's posted story can cause a discussion to spiral so completely out of control. I read Dan's story and found it kinda funny although, for myself, there did seem to be (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Too bad an Arctic parka probably won't fit on his head. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Can Harry Browne do it?

(...) Yes, he'll get 1M votes. Keep in mind that in years w/o a hi-profile 3rd party candidate, such as Nader or Perot the Libertarians always place 3rd in the national election, and in years with those types of candidates they always place 4th. I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: U.S. federal income taxes not legal? (was: Re: Can Harry Browne do it?)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G3Ktyx.9ts@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) something (...) -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - Centralized LDraw Resources (URL) - Zacktron Alliance ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.us)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact