 Off-Topic / Debate / *6891 (-10)
  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

Sorry should have been clipped to ot.debate "Rob Doucette" <rob.doucette@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:G3Ios1.G43@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G3IM77.9yF@lugnet.com... (...) explain (...) The Sesame Street magazine had an article on the child psych design of Elmo's world. Each aspect of the 15 minute segment has a purpose. Adult (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?

(...) JJ is a portrayal of a fictional sentient being. One might assume from your statements of vilification that you would feel that way about real people who act like JJ. Now, I'm sure (or hope) you'll say that you don't support that people who (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The artist hasn't the courage of his convictions? (was Re: The Censors have won.

(...) 1/2 disagree. By stating publicly that you didn't like it and weren't going to let your kids look at it, you *are* asking for change. (Not a change in what has already occurred, but a change in the future.) Otherwise, why bother to say (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) How could you tell? ;-) (...) Back in the mid-90's when Barney-bashing was at its height, I remember hearing about a lot of adults *with* small children who were going crazy from all the Barneymania (uh, the adults, that is...not the kids :-). (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Thanks a lot Pieniazek! (was Re: Something not right...)

(...) The Sistine Chapel is a great piece of work. Dan's comic was a cute piece of work. (...) Are you disputing that Dan should have the right to alter his work? Or are you disputing that Larry should have the right to his opinion? (...) Us who? In (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  The artist hasn't the courage of his convictions? (was Re: The Censors have won.

(...) My goodness that *does* miss the point. I don't know whether anyone else who was engaged in honest dialog about whether violence against fantasy characters was useful/appropriate/good fun or not was asking for change, but *I* never asked for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

Words obviously spoken by a man without small kids. Barney (and Elmo) is an hour of uninterrupted time in which you can actually get something done. With Elmo or Barney gracing the screen I can supervise with one eye and be doing something else. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)

(...) Maybe, rather than taking the "offensive" stuff out altogether, something like this could accompany future comic strips right at the beginning, as part of a disclaimer explaining that it is SATIRE against the offensive marketing engine that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Thanks a lot Pieniazek! (was Re: Something not right...)

Now Dan Jassim has chosen to omit the scenes from a great piece of work because you and your cohorts found it offensive. Its great that conservatives like you can suck the fun out everything for us. Do me a favor and avoid www.3-stooges.com lest you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact