 Off-Topic / Debate / 6886
Re: Thanks a lot Pieniazek! (was Re: Something not right...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 19:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Felix Greco writes:

Now Dan Jassim has chosen to omit the scenes from a great piece of work

The Sistine Chapel is a great piece of work.  Dan's comic was a cute piece of
work.

because you and your cohorts found it offensive.

Are you disputing that Dan should have the right to alter his work?  Or are you
disputing that Larry should have the right to his opinion?

Its great that
conservatives like you can suck the fun out everything for us.

Us who?  In Dan's little note on the comic, he suggests that he was being
labeld a racist.  So do you mean to imply that you too are a racist, or
something else?  Maybe you're referring only to the group of people who think
that violence is funny in general, not necessarily when it's directed in a
discriminatory fashion?

Do me a favor and avoid www.3-stooges.com lest you
screw something else up I like.

I don't know about Larry, but have no fear that I'd avoid anything having to do
with the three stooges.  Even when I was six, and a member of their presumed
market audience, I was vaguely uncomfortable with them.  As an adult I have had
quite enough time to reflect on their repugnance.

Now, do me a favor and realize that Larry didn't screw anything up.  He brought
up some ideas to discuss in off-topic.debate.  That's aloud.  It wasn't even
exactly off-topic.  Do you think that Larry has some kind of position of power
that could force Dan to alter his work?  Get real.

Dan's melodramatic removal of the scene and your accusations are ludicrous.  I
don't particularly support the stances that you are ascribing to Larry, but if
you reread his notes, even _he_ isn't sure he buys into what he was suggesting.
He was mentioning some disease and some ideas and there was some conversation
about it.  There was no censorship.

Chris