 Off-Topic / Debate / *4611 (-10)
  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) But I think you're limiting yourself by settling for such low expectations of love. Not to sound psychological, but if you're protecting yourself from being hurt, then your protecting yourself from the joy that could possibly come too. Of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

Sproaticus wrote in message ... (...) you (...) deeper? As far as I know it has not been revealed. The editor is XEDIT from IBM (1). One reason Larry stated that many people use it and aren't even aware that they are using it is that there are (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: evolution (was Re: Mormon bashing again)

(...) Right. But that's not the whole story. IIRC, the moth population had 5% dark moths, who were eaten quickly because of the white beech tree (ie, they had no camouflage). The black color, was, I think, a mutation (or perhaps a recessive gene? I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  evolution (was Re: Mormon bashing again)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Aaron Hines writes: I remember the example of a white moth that lives on beech (...) I thought that was as a result of a coal-burning power plant opening in the area. And soot deposited on the trees. And for the record, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is God gay? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) The prereqs for being a Christian have been around long before I graced this earth. You make it sound like I'm professing to be the be-all and end-all of Christian knowledge. If stating what I believe based on facts I have researched is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) scavenger (...) Not a scavenger hunt like in the Intro to Computers class. You gotta go for the real hard quests. Like, a post-doctorate dissertation on the effects of infrared light filtering in the thermosphere, or a virtual possum (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Just a suggestion... (Was: Re: Mormon bashing again)

Well.........280 messages.......I see no end in sight to this debate (Yes, I know it's in off-topic.debate)In fact, this debate has been going on for centuries to whether God(s) exist or not. I just suggest we end it. Let the philosophers deal with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) I had to do one for a basic computer skills class(1), and I must say that though the idea sounded like fun, the implementation was horribly easy. I'd love to try a hard one sometime as in general I love scavenger hunts. Ben Roller 1. Since I'm (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Is God gay? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

First off, sorry if anyone was offended by the subject...I was getting tired of the old one. (...) <sigh> There you go again, speaking as if your opinions are the prerequisite for Christianity. It may not be a secret to anyone else, but to me the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Larry, I looked back though .off-topic.geek , and I couldn't find whether you had revealed the identity of the text editor that uses this mysterious text replacement syntax. Do you care to do so now, or should I look even deeper? Hmmm...just (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact