 Off-Topic / Debate / 4603
4602  |  4604
Subject:
Is God gay? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:23:55 GMT

First off, sorry if anyone was offended by the subject...I was getting tired of
the old one.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
Given that I'm a Christian it's no secret what my stance is on homosexuality
  <sigh> There you go again, speaking as if your opinions are the prerequisite
for Christianity.  It may not be a secret to anyone else, but to me the fact
that you are a Christians only says that your stance is either "Totally for",
"Totally against" or somewhere in between (on any issue).

There are plenty of homosexual Christians (some who believe that they are
doing right, some that believe that they are doing wrong) and if you were
trying to imply that it's obvious that you're against homosexuality because you
are a Christian, you're ignoring that those people are Christians too.

yet in this country it is actually illegal to have that stance.
  Um, it's illegal to be against (or for, depending on what you meant)
homosexuality?  I hadn't heard of that law before just now.  Our prisions here
in the South are about to get a lot fuller and our towns a lot Emptier.

Yet the Gay and Lesbian community think nothing of abusing, degrading and
generally dumping on the Church.
...fair? No, but it's the law.

So now it's illegal to discriminate against gay people, but legal to
discriminate based on religion... Man, I've been out of it.  I missed those
laws being passed.  Can you mention some specifics so that I can go read up?

Ben Roller