 Off-Topic / Debate / *26891 (-20)
  Re: Typical Senator: "I'm all for cutting waste! ..."

(...) Of course, the gov't could free up a bunch of military dollars if they'd abandon the ill-conceived, ill-designed, ill-executed, and ill-befitting-the-modern-world Missile Defense System. After that, the gov't could abandon the policy of (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Typical Senator: "I'm all for cutting waste! ..."

"...But don't close my state's pork farms, er, bases!" (URL) love it! (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(...) Hmm. What excuse do white guys have for owning guns? I'm not sure that the state of law enforcement in 1962/3 Alabama justifies gun ownership in 2005… especially given the number of gun thefts and juvenile shootings in the USA. Scott A (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) The USA gave him WMD. That is a fact. (...) None of which supports the USA's Foreign Policy with respect to those nations & regions. (...) See the bottom of (URL) this post>. (...) Do you care to expend on that? There is plenty of proof that (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Not so much law as it is being integrated into the base curriculum in a few states. Mostly southern right now, but if the trend continues.... (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Is that actually law in some states? That seems a little over the top. Note that kids in several European countries are "forced" to learn English in school. And I also had to learn French in school, although I remember very little of it now. (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) <SNIP> (...) Gotta love how languages change. Geno meaning race as in Genus Thus Human = Human Just my take. (...) Yeah, from some capitalist pig, whether that pig was from US, China, Japan, Russia who knows. (...) Meddling in Central America, (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: VE Day.

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IGDy1E.ynu@lugnet.com... (...) He is probably trying to tell you that your country is/was ruled by idiots with no morals, and that they should be terminated. I think I have to agree on that. /J (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VE Day.

(...) Okay, I admit the Pope was thrown in for good measure (not that he isn't getting smeared by other lefties as a Nazi). What were you trying to say??? What was your point? Merely smear by innuendo? What's your point? What's your point? JOHN (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(...) "to defended" Way to proofread, YahooNews. The least they could have done was throw a (sic) in there. Leaving aside your utterly outrageous and scandalous suggestion that the local authorities might not have been entirely trustworthy, I have (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Condy is some kind of gun nut or something.

(URL) an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Rice said she came to that view from personal experience. She said her father, a black minister, and his friends armed themselves to defended the black community in Birmingham, Ala., against the White (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VE Day.

(...) John, I fear you are still dreamin'. I said no such thing. Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Not quite (URL) true>. (...) Yeah... but many of the recent conflicts were aided by Washington. Think about how SH got WMD. (...) Tell that to the millions slaughtered at the hands of Washington in South-East Asia. What about Washington's (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Hmm. I wonder if Mohamed Atta thought the same of the those in the twin-towers? Scott A (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  "This is a lickspittle Republican committee, acting on the wishes of George W Bush"

Whilst I can't attest to being Gorgeous Georges biggest fan, I do find it highly questionable that he was not allowed the opportunity to appear before (URL) this committee> to refute the charges laid against him. I understand that his written (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Q1 Did a marine not kill an incapacitated man "deliberately" in "self-defence"? Q2 Is there much of a difference between deliberately targeting civilians and having (URL) disregard> for their safety? Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Maybe I should rephrase that, I believe that If we could trust them to only bomb the begeezers out of each other, we should leave, and simply ignore their existence until the stop the fighting. But they won't keep it within their own (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) I agree that it sounds callous and mean-spirited, and in raw pragmatic terms it's just not a helpful course to pursue. By that same logic, we in the United States have been involved in well over two centuries of continuous war, so anyone could (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Well, as callous as it sounds, I do believe that after 2000+ years of continuous war in the middle east the term 'innocent civilian' is an oxymoron when referring to that part of the world.. just my mean spirited opinion... Two words: Carpet (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Protests too much

(...) Oh, just that they go on and on about a car bomb that killed a few dozen innocent civilians, but they don't even mention the residential raids by US forces that kill an equal or greater number of innocent civilians. The car bomb is terrible, (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact