 Off-Topic / Debate / 26891
Re: Typical Senator: "I'm all for cutting waste! ..."
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 19:22:44 GMT

"...But don't close my state's pork farms, er, bases!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050513/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/base_closings

Gotta love it!

Of course, the gov't could free up a bunch of military dollars if they'd abandon
the ill-conceived, ill-designed, ill-executed, and
ill-befitting-the-modern-world Missile Defense System.

After that, the gov't could abandon the policy of military empire and scale back
on huge bonuses to Halliburton.

Then maybe they could work to expedite the quarter-trillion dollar (to date) War
on Terrah.

That might help...

Dave!