 Off-Topic / Debate / 26887
Re: Protests too much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 03:25:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Greene wrote:
   Not that being bilingual is bad, but rather that they should not have to learn another countries language in order to live in their own

Is that actually law in some states? That seems a little over the top.

Note that kids in several European countries are “forced” to learn English in school. And I also had to learn French in school, although I remember very little of it now.

ROSCO
Not so much law as it is being integrated into the base curriculum in a few states. Mostly southern right now, but if the trend continues....