 Off-Topic / Debate / 26885
Re: Protests too much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 20:16:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Greene wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Greene wrote:

SNIP

   So genocide as a tool of war remains on the table for you? Thanks, but I’d like a different table.

Two other words: Campaign Bombing. As in “This whole stupid campaign is bombing, which is to say that it’s all a miserable failure.”

Dave!

Maybe I should rephrase that, I believe that If we could trust them to only bomb the begeezers out of each other, we should leave, and simply ignore their existence until the stop the fighting. But they won’t keep it within their own hemisphere even..So if we can’t leave them be safely... Then play big or stay at home. Beside genocide would entail the destruction of the human race, not merely a couple of small countries.

Not quite true.
Gotta love how languages change. Geno meaning race as in Genus Thus Human = Human Just my take.

   Oh, yeah and 200 years is only a tenth of the time they’ve been initiating hostilities against each other and the rest of the world, so I don’t believe there’s much comparison.

Yeah... but many of the recent conflicts were aided by Washington. Think about how SH got WMD.

Yeah, from some capitalist pig, whether that pig was from US, China, Japan, Russia who knows.

   Additionally, the US rarely instigates a war, although we seem to finish enough of them after someone takes a potshot at us...

Tell that to the millions slaughtered at the hands of Washington in South-East Asia. What about Washington’s recent meddling in Central America? Its current support Israel, Uzbekistan and perhaps even Sudan?

Meddling in Central America, don’t even roll the ball down that lane, it’s nothing but gutter. Their militia supports and abets the illegal immigration of their populace (who obviously can’t keep it in their pants) into the US to the point that many states are now requiring all children learn spanish as well as english. Not that being bilingual is bad, but rather that they should not have to learn another countries language in order to live in their own (And I wouldn’t expect to go live in France and get by speaking english, although I know some cretinous US wankers do). I can’t answer the South-east Asia riposte as I did not follow it.

   I would certainly consider 9/11 a significant potshot...

Ugly as it was, have you ever thought about why that pot-shot was taken?

Because some terrorist wanker ‘THOUGHT’ (no proof has been given to my knowledge) the US Government was selling weapons to his opponents.

   Or Saddam’s early 90’s threat of nuclear action... I’d rather the world got along, but if it can’t, I’m all for eliminating the antagonists.

Based on my viewing of “In the line of fire”, I thought threatening your president was an offence? ;)

A direct threat to the president would be an offense. Thinking he could use a close brush with mortality to teach him the meaning of being human is perfectly legal. However, I doubt it would work..and it certainly would be far too costly to the fool willing to try it than it was worth.. I’ll admit the man is a complete dunderhead whose hands are so deep into the pockets of capitalist pigs that he definitely needs them cut off (medical amputation), but then again, the capitalist pigs like it like that. Personally, I think the capitalist pigs need their pockets cut open and their excessive paychecks cut to size. But mostly I wish the stupid, moronic sociopath would stop wasting American lives on the Middle East. Their effectiveness on the ground is nominal at best and gets far too many of them killed, maimed and psychologically warped.

Scott A