 Off-Topic / Debate / 26874
Re: Protests too much
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 01:31:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joseph Greene wrote:

   Similarly, I don’t recall the CNN piece about the US’ use of phosphorous bombs on civilians in Falluja--can someone point me to it?

   Well, as callous as it sounds, I do believe that after 2000+ years of continuous war in the middle east the term ‘innocent civilian’ is an oxymoron when referring to that part of the world.. just my mean spirited opinion...

I agree that it sounds callous and mean-spirited, and in raw pragmatic terms it’s just not a helpful course to pursue. By that same logic, we in the United States have been involved in well over two centuries of continuous war, so anyone could simply start killing US civilians with essentially equal justification.

   Two words: Carpet Bombing

So genocide as a tool of war remains on the table for you? Thanks, but I’d like a different table.

Two other words: Campaign Bombing. As in “This whole stupid campaign is bombing, which is to say that it’s all a miserable failure.”

Dave!