 Off-Topic / Debate / *2576 (-10)
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think what Larry is saying is that anyone who has ethics that he can respect, will accept that a mistake was made, quickly corrected, and appologies sent to those who were caught up in the mess, along with a token of goodwill. Those people (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: About Blasters

(...) It also doesn't explain why it's okay to have all sorts of lethal weapons on the ships, and LEGO has even described them as such (laser cannons), but not in the hands of the 'figs. Lightsabers are ok too- they are definately lethal in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) even (...) seems (...) That's one of the reasons I like reading lugnet from the "main screen" (the primary URL, www.lugnet.com). It displays messages from all the newsgroups. I do some picking and choosing, of course, but it helps counter my (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

Good point. lugnet.people, seems to me, is just the thing to try to combat it. I think Lugnet is BIGGER than RTL is, at least in terms of people who participate regularly, although who knows about lurkers... So it's going to be hard to know (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) Of course you can always step out of your "safe zone" periodically and check out groups/boards that you don't normally read. That way, you will have seized the opportunity to meet lots of people, rather than being passive and missing it. Just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Memberships - so many people I don't know

I was just looking through the membership list and am astonished at the number of names listed that I am not familiar with. In fact, I don't know about 60% of the members. Which makes me wonder: In RTL, I can/could read who posted to any thread, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Best selection of parts to mess around with

(...) Well, just to put the $.02 in that I never did, I'd say that when writing, either avoid swears all together, or use 'em. The insult/resentment of reading a swear is not in the word itself, as Jeremy pointed out, but in the intention. Hence, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Best selection of parts to mess around with

<SNIP> (...) WORDS (...) WORDS (...) interface (...) it (...) it's (...) case, (...) a (...) Well, then maybe you don´t like me... I write four asterisks "****" instead of a bad word, that I don´t like to use. --Tobias (...) I (...) It (...) (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What is the exact meaning of MIB?

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) What I am basically saying is that if the government is going to provide a good (in this case, disability income), it has the right to set conditions on your receiving that good, just the same as a private (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What is the exact meaning of MIB?

(...) law with a classic. :) Lord Doyle (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact