 Off-Topic / Debate / 2575
Re: About Blasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:15:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Not making any moral judgements here,

Neither am I.

but I guess you should remember that Lego are Danish, not American.
Europeans dont tend to have the same views on guns as Americans.
Guns are much more frowned upon by society on the whole, and I this seems
common across Europe.

You're right, but that doesn't explain why, despite their self-imposed ban on
"modern weapons", the Wild West cowboys sport revolvers and rifles that could
easily pass for currently-produced versions of the weapons.

eric
It also doesn't explain why it's okay to have all sorts of lethal weapons on
the ships, and LEGO has even described them as such (laser cannons), but not
in the hands of the 'figs. Lightsabers are ok too- they are definately lethal
in the right(wrong?) hands. Apparently, two fighter pilots blowing each other
to kingdom come in the blackness of space is ok, and cutting someone down on
thr ground with a lightsaber or from the seat of a speederbike is ok, too, but
shooting someone with a handheld gun is not- unless you're a battle droid! ;)

Chris