 Off-Topic / Debate / 2560
Re: About Blasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:06:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

Guns in the hands of evil people are bad. Guns in the hands of law abiding
individuals is a guaranteed right under the Constitution. Not making blasters
available in SW sets, and other LEGO themes is ludicrous, and not serving any
purpose outside of appeasing the PC crowd.

Not making any moral judgements here,

but I guess you should remember that Lego are Danish, not American.
Europeans dont tend to have the same views on guns as Americans.
Guns are much more frowned upon by society on the whole, and I this seems
common across Europe.

So dont expect Lego to make blasters just cause you think its all right in the
US.

I agree though, that it is hypocritical to make guns of one epoch and not of
another. And if the guns are meant to represent something that is clearly
fictional anyway, as in SW, then what epoch is that meant to reflect anyway?

regards
Lawrence