 Off-Topic / Debate / *21426 (-10)
  Re: Possession

(...) I would like to see a revolution in the entire entertainment field based on something like this. Instead of paying an actor 20 mil to make a picture, pay the actor(s) based on the revenue that the motion picture makes (a la Nicolson in (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Possession

(...) Well, there's even more to it than that. Whether retail outlet or library, real world buildings as stores of information provide jobs for a whole plethora of other people: salesclerks, maintenance persons, cashiers, librarians, contractors, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Possession

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:HGvwK1.wIv@lugnet.com... (...) library (...) media to (...) charge (...) licensed (...) case. (...) were (...) and into (...) not (...) could (...) user) (...) works (...) would (...) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possession

(...) Do IP rights have to be bought the way they are now? The reason this library idea is very cool is because it follows the law of today, yet gets more media to more people...right? Why not just set up this giant media database but charge (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Possession

(...) No argument there, it was just an example of wealth from someone whose supposed career is making music. Her real career is more truthfully hypnotizing youth culture with her boobs so that they buy into a fake Barbie & Ken music fantasy of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Possession

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:HGuL5F.1xox@lugnet.com... (...) defeat fair (...) there is (...) I say DRM is bad because I just can't imagine a form of DRM that doesn't expand outwards away from the purposes outlined (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Possession

Tom: I found much of your post deeply interesting and thought provoking. Your idea of the giant archive/database is truly compelling and shows the enormous flaw in the many schemes that publishers are pursuing. Sure, the publishers are pursuing the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Hmmmmm, is it morbid just to like a big kaboom? I like the kaboom of fireworks. Admittedly, .22 are a simple crack, a 9mil is more of a bang, and you have to get into something bigger than that to even rate a boom much less a kaboom! But yes, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

Why would we say that? At least a few, if not many, US states have SHALL issue laws for CCW permits. Including my new home state, FL. File for a permit, pass a test, and they can't deny you the permit if you are not a felon or mentally unbalanced. (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Yahoo Sucks

(...) No, I have read the ToS, twice, and I am sure it is not a violation. And I was sure the point of the internet was to connect all web pages anywhere in the world, and not to discourage doing so. (...) Freedom of speech. (...) What do I do? Go (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact