 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 97 (-10)
  "Shifty" rip off brand -- can they get away with this??

I was glancing thru a dollar-shop in lower-mainland British Columbia, Canada, a couple days ago when I saw some small LEGO sets for sale, the kind that usually go for $4 or $5 US. They were being sold for only $1 a piece; they had a set of a couple (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MB Space Fighter #9254

So, after more than a year of eyeballing the small canned sets, I finally got the Space Fighter (#9254/85 pcs.), cuz Cyborians are seriously out-gunned by the Repzyllian fleet, and need all the help they can get. Since it was on sale at $3.33 at K€B (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: exin castles and tente aircraft carrier on ebay

I am excited because I will soon be getting Tente set #460 which IIRC was the larger of two Tente Space sets of the late 70s that were made to compete with Lego. It supposedly contains instructions to 5 different models which can be built at once! (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  exin castles and tente aircraft carrier on ebay

some guy has more than a few exin castles and three tente aircraft carrier sets on ebay...check it out now! i won a couple of exin castles last week and you'll probably be able to get the sets at a cheaper price than i got mine. ..joseph g (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Pnuematic parts cost more elsewhere

Pneumatic compatible parts elsewhere might not cost less. Today, tubing cost me US$0.64/foot from a hobby shop. A set of 4 T couplers cost $2.75. The Lego USA Shop-at-Home service pack # 5109 Pneumatic Tubing costs $3.25. It includes 5.17 feet of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Unlikely New Source for Crosswise

I found a new place to get small Crosswise sets at the darndest place: I drove my fiancee to "Joann's Fabrics" to buy material for her wedding dress. I got bored quickly, so I made a quick circuit of store, just looking around, and I spotted a short (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Rokenbok Systems: Integration into a TLG World?

I picked up the Basic Start set (33% off at a local ZB) within the last couple of weeks. I like it both for the (limited) LEGO compatibility and for play. Sadly, I have not yet attached any LEGO to it. Now I have more incentive... Steve (Frank Filz (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review/Comments on Mega Bloks Legend set 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out

Yeah, a smart MB would produce themes that are out with Lego. So now is the time for MB castle and pirates. James Parkin wrote in message ... :In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Legoman34 writes: : :>Some one in Canada found 2 of these sets for me (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DUPLO Clone Sighted

(...) "Klip" sounds like a real possibility. Klip brand blocks are an Italian-made clone, possibly the very same as the "Qubo" brand, but under a different name. I have a small Klip set that is almost identical to a Qubo set: (URL) car is virtually (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DUPLO Clone Sighted

(...) When I stop by the toy store that I've posted as having older sets, I'll try and remember to get the brand name for these bricks (or at least the brand they carry). I pulled a set down from the top shelf, only to be disapointed that they were (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact