 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 92
91  |  93
Subject:
Unlikely New Source for Crosswise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 20:16:23 GMT

I found a new place to get small Crosswise sets at the darndest place:  I drove
my fiancee to "Joann's Fabrics" to buy material for her wedding dress.  I got
bored quickly, so I made a quick circuit of store, just looking around, and I
spotted a short aisle of kids toys.  It was a bunch of cheap toys, of the sort
that people take on car trips, under the brand name "Funtastic".  But among all
this junk were several tray boxes of small Crosswise sets!

They had 5 different sets from the "Teeny World" series, and several different
smaller sets, including the "Dueling Fighters"; a set with two Knights, their
horses and (Black & Brown), and armaments!  One Knight as a green jerkin and
black helmet, is armed with a short sword and carries a LARGE red banner.  The
other night has a blue jerkin and yellow helmet, and carries a shield and a
long-hafted war hammer.  The horses have to be snapped together, but the have
movable legs, and a very dynamic look to them.

The best part of all was that everything was 50% off, so I paid only just $4.50
for 5 small sets!  If I go back Sunday, I can get the same, with another 20%
knocked off.

There were several other small sets, including a fishing raft, a beverage cart,
a police car, and kiosk.  They each had some interesting parts that I don't yet
have in my small stock of Crosswise, so I'm defintely go back for more.  I
don't know how wide-spread the "Joann's" chain is, but I think the stores are
common in the West and Midwest.  Go check it out, if you have one near you.

--james parkin