 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 96
95  |  97
Subject:
MB Space Fighter #9254
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 01:32:29 GMT

So, after more than a year of eyeballing the small canned sets, I finally got
the Space Fighter (#9254/85 pcs.), cuz Cyborians are seriously out-gunned by
the Repzyllian fleet, and need all the help they can get.  Since it was on sale
at $3.33 at K€B toys, it was a good buy.  (I suppose other people already have
the set, but I'll chat about it anyways..)

Significant parts include: 2 short, antifreeze-green antennae & 4 point-cones,
4 light-gray (brick height) cones, 3 light-gray sloped "engine intakes", 1 red
"engine" cone, 2-1x2 textured bricks, and 2 textured 1x2 flats, and 1
antifreeze canopy.  The rest was composed of regular bricks, flats, and beams
in blue, light-gray and black.

The model itself was very solid, and had a sleek appearance.  I wished that
Ritvik had used the Cyborian color scheme & minifigs, but I've two MB space
buckets with plenty of parts to build my own sub-theme to go along with the
fighter, and at the K€B price, I may have a whole squadron in short order.
There's also plenty of parts for interesting variations, which is one of the
big advantages of MB sets.

--james parkin