 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 89
Re: DUPLO Clone Sighted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 00:55:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Steve Bliss writes:

We visited the Grand Rapids Children's Museum last night[1][2], and they
had a light table with some transparent clone bricks.  They appeared to be
DUPLO sized, with hollow studs (so they should fit with LEGO 2xN bricks, as
well).  There were regular bricks, slopes, and (I think) some round-top
bricks.  They were in various 'modern colors', and every single one was
transparent.

The brandname was imprinted in the studs, it was either Klip or Klik.  I'm
sorry I don't remember exactly, I was distracted by the prospect of
building a pyramid at the LEGO table.[3]

"Klip" sounds like a real possibility.  Klip brand blocks are an Italian-made
clone, possibly the very same as the "Qubo" brand, but under a different name.
I have a small Klip set that is almost identical to a Qubo set:

http://members.xoom.com/legohead/images/qubo2.jpg

My car is virtually the same except for the colors, which are red & black

I'm fairly sure that Klip blocks also come in a DUPLO-compatible size;
somewhere around the house I have a Klip catalog that shows them.  I'll try and
dig it out to confirm.

--james parkin