 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 92 (-20)
  Unlikely New Source for Crosswise

I found a new place to get small Crosswise sets at the darndest place: I drove my fiancee to "Joann's Fabrics" to buy material for her wedding dress. I got bored quickly, so I made a quick circuit of store, just looking around, and I spotted a short (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Rokenbok Systems: Integration into a TLG World?

I picked up the Basic Start set (33% off at a local ZB) within the last couple of weeks. I like it both for the (limited) LEGO compatibility and for play. Sadly, I have not yet attached any LEGO to it. Now I have more incentive... Steve (Frank Filz (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review/Comments on Mega Bloks Legend set 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out

Yeah, a smart MB would produce themes that are out with Lego. So now is the time for MB castle and pirates. James Parkin wrote in message ... :In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Legoman34 writes: : :>Some one in Canada found 2 of these sets for me (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DUPLO Clone Sighted

(...) "Klip" sounds like a real possibility. Klip brand blocks are an Italian-made clone, possibly the very same as the "Qubo" brand, but under a different name. I have a small Klip set that is almost identical to a Qubo set: (URL) car is virtually (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: DUPLO Clone Sighted

(...) When I stop by the toy store that I've posted as having older sets, I'll try and remember to get the brand name for these bricks (or at least the brand they carry). I pulled a set down from the top shelf, only to be disapointed that they were (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  DUPLO Clone Sighted

We visited the Grand Rapids Children's Museum last night[1][2], and they had a light table with some transparent clone bricks. They appeared to be DUPLO sized, with hollow studs (so they should fit with LEGO 2xN bricks, as well). There were regular (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review/Comments on Mega Bloks Legend set 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out

(...) I'm going to up to Canada for my honeymoon the last week of August. (Edmonton Mall, or Bust! Yeehaaa!) I'm definitely hoping to score some major Mega Bloks action on the trip, as well as some ATCO, I hope. I agree that Ritvik needs to do some (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: just for fun

Frank Filz wrote in message <373214B7.4B76@minds...ng.com>... (...) have (...) consuming (...) were (...) If anyone is looking for this slot car set, I just saw it in our local KB Toys Outlet store for $29.99. I'd be happy to pick it up for (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks Overview and review of Legends Viking Ship and Creature Seakers Naval Command

Yes they will, you just have to bug them a bit. info@megabloks.com I believe, or you can call them, 1-800-465-MEGA If you have anything wrong with their sets, (other than you think they stink, that is,) that's broken or missing, let them know and (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Review/Comments on Mega Bloks Legend set 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out

Some one in Canada found 2 of these sets for me about a year ago. Like you said, it was worth what I paid for them for just the griffons. Unfortunately these sets are way out of production by about 5 years now, and the 'theme' "Legend" is over as (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review/Comments on Mega Bloks Legend set 9611 - Griffon's Hide Out

I just picked up this set for $4.99 from KB Toys, and thought I'd give some comments on it (this is not a full review as I probably won't actually build it). Quality: several 2x4 plates were misformed. Pieces hold together, but nowheres near as well (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yellow Low Sloped Corner Bricks?

(...) I agree with you about the building quality of TYCO. Head-and-shoulders above any other clone brand. But they didn't round off the edges of pieces like LEGO does. This partially a visual difference (the studs look especially odd without (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Ramagon Web site

This stuff is "kind of " plug compatible IIRC, I got some in a used lot and there are ways to tie it in. No better pictures if you follow the links, though. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Ramagon Web site

Hi all, I found that the Ramagon website is finally up and running. Go check it out: (URL) only seem to have the "Mars Colony" sets available, but I think the site is still under construction, so maybe more will be appearing. --james parkin (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Tyco "Ultra Commander" on E-bay

I just saw that somebody is auctioning "Ultra Commander", a large Tyco Space Adventure set. I would bid, but already got two of these. Check it out at: (URL) parkin (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock samples

(...) That not true, at least of the Military sets. I've got "Attack Copters" and "Tactical Support" and both have large numbers of basic pieces. Best-Lock is somewhat like Ritvik's MegaBloks in that they get a lot of mileage out of a small stock of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock samples

Take a look at some of the sample images of Best-Lock sets at (URL) get a directory listing; click on the set sumbers to view.) There are some town sets, military, space (they look even more odd than Time Cruisers!), farm, castle and so on. I'd say (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Looking for ATCO, other building toys

So.. I'm searching for a new source for ATCO blocks, as everything seems to have dried up around here (Spokane, WA). Formerly, I could only find a few small sets at some independent pharamcies, and now I can can't find any. I've got one unopened set (...) (25 years ago, 30-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Thanks for the encouragement. If I find someone to manufacture / distribute these blocks I'll let you know. Keith (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'NeX + Lego? Check it out

(...) Don't get me wrong -- I think you've got a *great* idea, and there will be die-hard builders who would love to get their hands on your product. :) Being able to connect Lego and K'nex opens up a lot of building possibilities. I'd love to build (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact