 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 81
Re: Yellow Low Sloped Corner Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:53:22 GMT

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 19:39:03 GMT, Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote:

billk@wald-kramer.com (Bill Katz) writes:
Are you sure they aren't TYCO?  I've seen a lot of yellow low
slope tyco blocks in my day.

-Bill

I have tons of black Tyco 1 x 3 slopes - probably as many as actual LEGO
ones.  It's a pity that the Tyco slopes have the extra ridge halfway down
the slope which makes the look good only for roofing.  (Even though most
people here think that using Tyco is blasphemy, I doubt anyone could tell
if I had Tyco bricks in a model.  The quality of the parts is about the
same.)

I agree with you about the building quality of TYCO.  Head-and-shoulders
above any other clone brand.  But they didn't round off the edges of pieces
like LEGO does.  This partially a visual difference (the studs look
especially odd without rounded edges), and partially a playability issues:
building with TYCO is even more painful than building with LEGO.

Steve