 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 77
Re: Best-Lock samples
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:11:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Take a look at some of the sample images of Best-Lock sets at

   http://www.best-lock.com/images/

<snip>

I'd say the models look interesting, but the parts don't seem too useful.
There seems to be many specialized parts.

Fredrik

That not true, at least of the Military sets.  I've got "Attack Copters" and
"Tactical Support" and both have large numbers of basic pieces. Best-Lock is
somewhat like Ritvik's MegaBloks in that they get a lot of mileage out of a
small stock of special pieces.  If you're a LEGO purist, you'll actually have
more complaints about the way that Best-Lock elements fit together.  The
binding system is very much like LocBloc, and is not nearly so sturdy as LEGO.
Still, I like them a lot, and I'm REALLY eager to get a hold of some Castle
sets.

--james parkin