 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 832 (-20)
  New ProBuilder Set?

I just saw this auction on eBay: (URL) not mine, and I don't know the seller, so I'm not soliciting bids in any way. I haven't seen this set previously--does anyone know about it? As of noon EDT Sunday the "click for larger image" links weren't (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Saucy Slayer (Ahab's new buggy...)

"Richard Parsons" <richard_w_parsons@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GAr1KE.IML@lugnet.com... (...) ... *gulp* -- Cheers, Paul LUGNET member 164 (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  The Saucy Slayer (a mainly MB starship)

Evening all, First pics of the (mainly MB) piratical mothership Saucy Slayer are up. (URL) forward to wheeling on Bricktorians... ;-) Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 25-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Well, if they are, here's a suggestion I made to Ritvik via their website feedback feature: I'd really like to see a statement about if and how they figure to enter some major European markets, namely the German. The thing is, I've been trying (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Wow! A box with a million 2x4 bricks! Maybe I'll pick up a half-dozen at the next BOGO 50%, and build that extension on my house I've been meaning to get to... ;) (I don't think I have a sufficient grasp of the sizes involved - I can't imagine (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Well, Ritvik really packs those boxes, so you'll probably only have to buy 2 or 3 to accumulate that many! 8^) Dave! (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Like it or not, the price trade off make MB sets worth the investment in some cases. For me, since MB dropped their Castle range, I buy them for parts. However, if TLC were to drop Castle this year, it would be a good time for a MB Castle (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) AFAIK, most MB users are AFOB (Bricks, Blocks, Building), rather than fans of the Ritvik range per se. I'd say most are AFOLs who are willing to make a slight trade off in terms of quality and LEGOness to obtain large quantities of the bricks (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Being both a avid AFOL and a O gauge collector and operater (notice O gauge, not Lionel) I will agree to a point. Yes, until the late 1980s, Lionel dominated the market irrgardless of what the others were producing, then along came some of the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (Lego and MB compared)

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Kerry Raymond writes a wonderfully rich review of the MB ProBuilder line: (...) Interesting. This has to be a new phenomenon. The last MB set I bought Creature Seekers Naval Command had numerous parts that kept (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding" (Lego and MB compared)

(...) Wow, that was all very well stated and quite accurate to my mind. The price differences at full retail are about the same in the U.S. BTW, and not all of us have access to the same level of sale prices as do some Lugnuts. Most of the time a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  ATC Bricks

Dan and I recently were able to convince his family to give us Dan's childhood LEGO. It took us 2 years, but they gave it to us finally. All mixed in were some ATC clone blocks, has anyone heard of these? or know where they're from? I can take some (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: TLG and "Seeding" (Lego and MB compared)

(...) I'll second that. It takes a little bit more pressure to put two MBs together and a little bit more effort to pull them apart. I notice that my thumbs are always a little tender after a long MB session. I notice that although I keep my MBs (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Yes. Since I was addressing my comments to the purists, I exaggerated. There actually are plenty of serious AFO<something??> that buy MB and do significant stuff. Chris Gray, Richard Parsons just to name two that I have seen big works from. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Larry, You've got a great point. Fortunately for MB, not every AFOL has to buy for them to do well. The Lego purists can be written off, but the kvetchers are good candidates for potential buyers. The great thing about competition is that it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

Bricks is bricks, Todd. :) The LDLite "0 COLORNAME" command exists mainly to support the colors in the Megabloks Dinosaur sets. Of course, I never told anyone that...some of them thar LCAD folks can git mighty rabid... -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Lucky find on the weekend

I visited Morpeth (near Maitland*) on the weekend, and found a small box labelled "Duplo $3". A quick look revealed what seemed to be some real Lego, plus some duplo compatible clone bricks. When I finally got it home, I found: a blue classic space (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) The One True Brand is correct. (...) And it won't pollute anything official to LDraw.org. -Tim (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) I'm convinced if LEGO stays true to the system of play, that won't happen. :-) (...) Yes, I recognize that. (...) Yep, I understand as well. For some, that's sufficient, like my best friend's parents who stretch their income between 5 kids, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Bloks (Ritvik) is watching

(...) Very good note and point. MB is a major player and while most of us prefer LEGO, many of us AFOLs look at MB and "hope" they move more into LEGO territory just so we can get more parts at their lower cost (relative). I sincerely hope their (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact