 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 501
Re: Has anyone heard of this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
Its a shameless rip off (despite what may or may not
have occured at the inception of Lego) to ride the success of stacking
building blocks.  I doubt MegaBloks has the same quality commitment as Lego
does, and I doubt they have the same originality and creativity.

No way!  The designs by the MegaBloks people are incredible!
Their originality and creativity are not something to question.
I've never seen LEGO put together such solid designs with
basic bricks (well, not since the idea books of the 70's at least).
MegaBloks leads the way both with the use of basic bricks, and
with the use of special minifig pieces (guns, bags, claws,
bottles, etc).  The space alien minifigs were excellent in
size and proportion.

As far as the quality, I have not seen it improving.  In fact,
I'm suprised the MegaBlok designers don't grieve with pain
when they see their cool models implemented with bricks that
don't fit and fall apart.

-gyug