 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 475
Re: Has anyone heard of this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:21:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tim Courtney writes:

http://www.best-lock.com/new/page.html
http://www.northokanagan.com/legostory/

Heard of the latter, just read the former.

None of this taints my opinion of TLC, nor challenges my loyalty to their
product.  Though clone brands are out to defame the name of Lego, clone
brands will never supercede the quality, originality, or coolness of Lego's
product in my mind.

  Richard Marchetti has pointed out that some recent MegaBloks sets are at
least as cool as many recent Lego sets, and far cooler than many others.  Some
of the recent ProBuilder MB sets are of far better design and piece:price
value than anything of a similar price tag by TLC.
  In any case, Best-Lock may or may not be out to "defame" Lego, but you can't
dismiss all clones based on the actions or product of a single company.

Down with the clones!

  You zealot!  8^)

What I'm pleased with is the second page noted - that TLC is working with
the Iversen's to get to the bottom of the matter and compensate them
rightly.

  That is indeed quite cool, and I hadn't heard it before.  I'm glad to hear
that TLC is interested in laying such ghosts, whatever they may be, to rest!

     Dave!