 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2837 (-20)
  Re: Lego Spider-man 3?

(...) Sorry, MegaBloks now holds the license for Spider-man 3. AFAIK LEGO hasn't said anything about letting the license lapse and MegaBloks hasn't issued any press releases about obtaining the license. However, in the last 2 weeks I have seen 5 (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.licensed.spiderman, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  WWT/WTB Clone Brands?

Hello All! If you're in the market for clone brands, whether as a buyer or seller, I invite you to stop by (URL) The Bloks Forum> and visit our own Marketplace group. We're a comparatively small venue so far, but AFAIK there isn't another online (...) (18 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks Gundams for sale on Hobby Japan's site

(...) Really, I should have thought of this sooner. The Gundam line is already posted on (URL) Mega Bloks's Japanese site>. Dave! (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks Gundams for sale on Hobby Japan's site

(...) Very cool news, Jeff. Thanks! Dave! (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Mega Bloks Gundams for sale on Hobby Japan's site

HLJ is listing the MS-06F Zaku II (Green mass production version rather than Char's red version) for a June release: (URL) is 8500yen, or about $70. Jeff (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Cobi "Castles and Dragons" Question:

(...) Hi Jared! I'm not aware of any announced plans by Cobi/Best-Lock to expand its range of offerings here in the US, though those castle sets would definitely be a welcome addition. To the best of my knowledge we've so far only seen the Town, (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Cobi "Castles and Dragons" Question:

Hello! This is my first post to this newsgroup, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it even exists! Non-purists with a forum on LUGNET????? What is this world coming to! I seriously doubt that anyone will have the answer to (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) Whoops. left out 2 other elements in the K'nex brix series. axels that look like real automotive axels...long black rods with standard knex hubs to receive knex wheels, but a row of studs in the center of the axel, and also another brick, a (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) Thanks for the info. It all sounds like a nice direction for K'nex. I suppose what I am really hoping for is a K'nex roller coaster, like their old Screamin' Serpent set, that can seat mini-figs. Now that would be awesome. -Mike Petrucelli (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) So far the bricks consist of 1x2, 2x2, 2x4, and a special 2x8 by 2x10 T brick. Plates are 2x4 and 4x10 with a large bow plate for vehicles. There are 3 sizes of contoured slopes in right and left pairs, and a 2x4 rounded slope. The heart of (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

Pretty neat. Too bad we can't see more of the brick. BTW, Sploids let one connect Lego Bricks to Knex too : ) (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

A further note on the difference between Just-Kidz minifigs and Cobi/Best Lock minis (both made by C/block) the company apparently bought molds from multiple sources when making their switch from old scale to Lego metrics after their court victory (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Like any overdesigned element, it's just a matter of finding good uses for them I find that Mega Bloks minifig parts fit in just fine if you mix them up well enough with Lego minifig elements. I love using this torso for instance: (URL) I (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) For myself, I really dislike the scuplted figures for a few reasons: 1. They just seem over accentuated - they remind me of Games Workshop paint jobs (though I'll grant they use more subdued colors that GW uses). 2. They keep changing the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) I want so badly for this not to be true, because it would mean I've been thinking of the wrong minifig this whole time, but I just dug around in my clone bins and I think you're right. I've got Best-Lock and military sets so connected in my (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) From an LDraw standpoint, I'm hopeful that Ryan Farrington has the means/will/resources/time to enhance his excellent library of LDraw-compatible K'Nex elements by incorporating some of these new pieces. I'm not a great fan of K'Nex, but I (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) A lot of the proportions of K'nex line up perfectly with certain stud lengths so this could be even bigger/more important than that first glance implies. It certainly has my attention. After all certain things are better suited to the angles (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: K'Nex enters the fray

(...) This really pretty big news and seems to have not got much press around here. I stumbed across a link to this site being advertised on BrickShelf: (2 URLs) For those who like K'nex or thought it may have possibilities in the Lego world, now (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) These sound like MB (URL) Command Ops> (Military) and Dragons (Fantasy) figs to me. I haven't seen studs on Bestlock figs' backs either. And I would heartily agree that Command Ops was just made for BrikWars. And and I can't say 'BrikWars' in (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Cobi/Best-Lock

(...) Not sure when you mean--can you be more specific? I have Mega Bloks catalogs dating back to 1993, and they've never struck me as deceptively similar, except insofar as they feature pictures of the various sets arranged in a large display (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact