 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2822
Re: K'Nex enters the fray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:26:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Marak wrote:
   K’nex has started selling brick knex hybrid construction sets. They utilize a locking pin mechanism to join knex to plates and bricks (provided). The bricks are done on standard lego scale, and come in several forms not available from other companies, as well as some of the standard configurations.

This really pretty big news and seems to have not got much press around here. I stumbed across a link to this site being advertised on BrickShelf:

http://www.knex.com/bricks/index.php

For those who like K’nex or thought it may have possibilities in the Lego world, now the two can connect...

From an LDraw standpoint, I’m hopeful that Ryan Farrington has the means/will/resources/time to enhance his excellent library of LDraw-compatible K’Nex elements by incorporating some of these new pieces. I’m not a great fan of K’Nex, but I love the idea of inter-compatibility!

Dave!