 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2830
Re: K'Nex enters the fray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 02:30:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Marak wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
Pretty neat.  Too bad we can't see more of the brick.

So far the bricks consist of 1x2, 2x2, 2x4, and a special 2x8 by 2x10 T brick.
Plates are 2x4 and 4x10 with a large bow plate for vehicles.  There are 3 sizes
of contoured slopes in right and left pairs, and a 2x4 rounded slope.  The heart
of the system is in use of the adapter elements.  All the plates and bricks are
drilled partially or fully in the style of lego technic elements.  A set of
adapter pins slot into the holes and have a protruding k'nex knob for attachment
to either standard or micro knex elements.

Whoops. left out 2 other elements in the K'nex brix series.  axels that look
like real automotive axels...long black rods with standard knex hubs to receive
knex wheels, but a row of studs in the center of the axel, and also another
brick, a 2x8 brick, like the others drilled through the stud to accept technic
style pins.