 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2667 (-10)
  Re: Best-Lock and COBI to merge

(...) Maybe, maybe not. Mark W mentioned some of the compatibility issues between Best-Lock and other brands (URL) here>, so it would surprise me greatly (and I'd be annoyed at myself for having missed) that Best-Lock's been releasing fully (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Best-Lock and COBI to merge

(...) Wow! That's big news, and a little surprising. Within the past week or so I've wondered aloud how Best-Lock stays afloat and why Cobi has never tried to crack the North American market. This move would render the question, er, mute... 8^) (...) (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Old clone "Byggefix"?

(...) The pieces are windows, doors and tiles from Block City, made by Tri-Star/Block City Inc in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, USA. I don't see any bricks in your photo. They made mostly white 1x2 bricks with square studs. See: (URL) guide is cool. -Erik (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock and COBI to merge

(...) SNIP (...) Huh, makes sense, since the computer set pics on the COBI site look just like the $10 Best-Lock set boxes i saw @ Wal*Mart the last couple Christmases Jeff (19 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Best-Lock and COBI to merge

(URL) Lock Group Ltd. Is Pleased to Announce Its Merger with COBI> NUREMBERG, Germany--(CCNMatthews - Feb 2, 2006) - Toy Makers Expand Manufacturing and Distribution of Compatible Building Blocks Throughout Europe and North America Best Lock Group (...) (19 years ago, 2-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Best-Lock

(...) Hi there! Thanks for checking in and for the info. I actually do own probably around 3000 Best-Lock elements, and maybe two dozen of their minifigs. I am in general agreement with your assessment of compatibility, but I thought that the (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Best-Lock

Mark W (...) I don't know if either of you have actually tried a BestLock set... yes, they look pretty cool and you get a LOT of pieces for the price. And the fact that they use the stud width = brick height (so a plate is 1/2 a stud thickness, and (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Freeze!

(...) Ah, then my tweak worked! (...) I was just messing with you, and I apologize for the absence of a winky. I think it is a great name. (...) Good one! (...) Methinks you doth protest too much.... (...) Say, did you see Koyan's (URL) tutorial> (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Freeze!

(...) Hey, don't mention. Next time, though, get it right! I always knew that you were 1 letter short of an alphabet, Dave! :-) JOHN FUT .addhomonym (19 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Freeze!

(...) Jeez! When you ask it point-blank like that, you make me wonder if I've been misusing it all this time. My usage is a usurpation of the term as it applies to the non-canonical books of the bible (the Gospel of Charlie, the Book of Tasty (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact