 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2667
Re: Best-Lock and COBI to merge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 02:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Marc Nelson Jr. wrote:
   Best Lock Group Ltd. Is Pleased to Announce Its Merger with COBI

NUREMBERG, Germany--(CCNMatthews - Feb 2, 2006) -

Toy Makers Expand Manufacturing and Distribution of Compatible Building Blocks Throughout Europe and North America

Best Lock Group LTD and COBI today announced their merger...

SNIP

   Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s
Creations

Huh, makes sense, since the computer set pics on the COBI site look just like the $10 Best-Lock set boxes i saw @ Wal*Mart the last couple Christmases

Maybe, maybe not. Mark W mentioned some of the compatibility issues between Best-Lock and other brands here, so it would surprise me greatly (and I’d be annoyed at myself for having missed) that Best-Lock’s been releasing fully compatible sets all this time! My most recent Best-Lock purchase was the 3247 Bivouac set (number is right; not sure about the name) from about two years back, and they were still on the 6:5 Best-Lock:LEGO brick height ratio at that time.

I’m interested to see how this pans out. Will the new Best-Lock/Cobi hybrid use both brick standards, or will they abandon one in favor of the other?

Hmm...

Dave!